Saturday 24 June 2017

I won a hexie table mat and new items to show from my holidays.

Hello all,

How are you all? I hope everyone is well and that you have had time to stitch knit or crochet.

I certainly did I made a little time to do both while I was on holiday it was marvellous we had a lovely restful time and Bruno has done nothing but sulk since he has been back, he must have had about 8 walks each day and paddle in the river that was by the caravan.

But hey on with the post I had a lovely surprise when my blog friend Sheryl over at
Sewing After Seven emailed me to say I had won her give away here is the picture.


The picture dose not do it justice it is so beautifully stitched and nicely put together.



Sheryl hand made a sweet gift tag and also gave me left over fabric with extra hexagon pieces to use with my projects. How kind thank so much xx



I have a few things I bought from my holiday Mr C treated me as he always dose, we found a few wool shops and could not resist buying some more yarn.




DK Sirdar Country Style and in this Sublime knitting booklet is a pattern for a waistcoat that I like the look of which I will be using the yarn for.

Also I saw these useful tins with a vintage retro design on the lid which also included a note book to jot down all your knitting notes.


I paid £5.00 for this set which I think is quite good value.

I had planned to be good and not buy any yarn while on holiday but it is so hard to resist walking past a yarn shop and not walking away with some lovely yarn, at least I have something in mind on what to make with it.

So for my next projects to make on my to do list are-
1. knitted waistcoat 
2. crochet bag (for Suzie)

My WIP project list are-

1. knitted tea cosy
2.crochet throw
3.knitted teddy bears for charity(on going)

I will keep you posted, I must dash now tea is on, have a lovely weekend
happy knitting or crocheting.


bye for now
Julie x
&
Bruno x

6 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

What a lovely hex table mat and I'm sure the detail in the work is wonderful. Glad you had a good holiday and hope you are getting some nice summer weather. I'm spending lots of time outside, when it isn't raining, and less time on my website and visiting. The gardens are really lush as we've had lots of rain. It is hotter out west where our daughter lives than it is here. I think we have exchanged weather systems.

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

What a lovely prize Julie. It is so pretty. Bruno must miss his paddles bless him. Our Spaniel loves water. I find it impossible to walk past a wool shop. I look forward to seeing your knitted Waistcoat. Take care now. Marion

Julie.C said...

Thank you Linda and Marion for your visit and kind comments. Julie x

Sheryl S. said...

Hi Julie, So pleased you had a pleasant get-away and liked the little table mat you won. Love the colour wool you have bought, so pretty.

Gabri Ercole said...

Lovely Bruno
Happy hobby and July... Here is very hot hope we'll from you

Julie.C said...

Thank you so much for your visit Sheryl and Gabri Ercole.
Julie xx