Tuesday 30 January 2018

Progress on my owl embroidery and I made a fabric pouch to display the deer cross stitch.

Hello everyone,
How are you all?

I have an owl embroidery update



I made a few colour changes around the branch I wasn't happy with the previous colours I choose so had to unpick that area and replaced them with DMC 3781, 3022 I am pleased with these two new colours now.

So I had a break from stitching the owl to think about how I would finish and display the Deer cross stitch I did (check previous post) and here is the result.


Using the rim of an embroidery hoop and no zip ya! to hang on the wall or the edge of your table great, I think I might make a few more.


I know this is not a new idea I have seen quite a few online in fact when I was reading through my old cross stitch magazines like October Issue 323 CrossStitcher  inside this one is a Scandi-style bag with hoop, so if you would like to check it out go on there Facebook page here

The cross stitch pattern in the mag is by Lucie Heaton which is one I plan to stitch sometime, and there we are in my next post hopefully I will be able to show you the Owl embroidery all finished.

So till next time
Happy stitching/knitting

Julie x

6 comments:

Sheryl S. said...

Oh Julie, I love your little owl, he is gorgeous, what a lovely pattern. A good idea using the deer cross stitch pattern to decorate your hoop bag, the green fabric is very pretty.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I love how you used a hoop to make a storage container/bag using your deer cross stitch. That's a new to me idea and I just might have to use it :)

floresita said...

Wonderful projects and I LOVE that owl embroidery! Thank you so much for visiting us on Feeling Stitchy and for leaving a comment and link to your blog!

Julie.C said...

Thank you all for your kind comments I appreciate the visit.
best wishes
Julie x

Gabri Ercole said...

Hello have a good idea with loop!!lovely owl too...have happy week

Julie.C said...

Hi Gabri Thank you for your kind comment I am glad you like the hoop idea and my owl.
best wishes
Julie x