Thursday 11 August 2016

WIP owl embroidery and cross stitch updates.

Hello everyone,
How are you all?



The weeks have been busy and I have been snatching a few hours here and there to work on my embroidery project, this was a fun sketch I did of an owl on a branch.



Slow progress on the cross stitch for Jane and The Happy Crow you may have seen in previous posts, not much more really. I cannot wait to hang it on the wall when finished.





What else have I been stitching well I made a simple needle case for a family friend with scraps of felt and applique flowers on the front of the case, she was thrilled to bits when I gave it to her because she is just starting to learn how to cross stitch so you can imagine I have been sorting through all my stash for fabric aida and threads for her to practise with.



I have also made a card for my sisters birthday


Well I hope you have been enjoying the weather where ever you are today is a little dull but the clouds are starting to clear, and if the weather man is right we are in for another  heat wave here in the UK. It has been to hot for me to knit and to be honest apart from knitting a little short sleeved top for my Grand daughter made with Paton's dk cotton that has been all I have wanted to do.

Cross stitch and embroidery is allot cooler to do and I am enjoying the process, I have been drawing small sketches for ideas for myself which is fun to do. I hope you are finding time to relax and sew and having a fabulous week.

Till next time
Julie x

No comments: