Sunday 12 February 2017

Knitting updates, cross stitch updates and general chit chat.

Hi everyone,
Hope you are all well and keeping snug and warm, it is a cold and grey day here in the UK we have had a few snow flurries but it has not progressed to much(thankfully) I feel my Grand daughter would love for it to snow a little heavier.

I have made some progress on sock knitting, a little slow granted but i did undo a little and then started again but never the less I am enjoying the process.







I have nearly finished a pair of knitted house slippers,






this all started through watching a Pod Cast (i am addicted to these) by Tina at Simply In Stitches on You Tube she was holding a KAL for these slippers. I know the picture dose not do them justice but I assure you they look lovely on with a nice snug fit.

The pattern is free from Temple Of Knit
the yarn I used was Pure Shetland Wool from Blacker Yarns it knits as DK



I have a cross stitch update for the Owl Bell Pull






not much I know as I had a few other projects to do one being a crochet cowl for a friend at work so I had to squeeze it in, I will show you in the next post when it's finished. But as you can see I think the colours for the flowers are going to look lovely when they are all stitched and then I will start on the owl.


I am sure I will have more to show you next time, so till then enjoy the rest of your weekend.


Happy stitching or knitting/crochet

Julie x

3 comments:

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

Hi Julie. Thank you for your kind comment on my Blog. House slippers sounds so much nicer than Granny Slippers as I call mine ! I have been wearing my red ones all day as they are so WARM even on our cold Kitchen Tiles. I really want to try knitting Socks one day. They look complicated so I haven't tried yet. Take care and keep warm. Marion x

Sheryl S. said...

Gorgeous colour and pattern on the socks, pity they won´t be seen much :-) and the bell pull pattern is pretty and delicate.

Gabri Ercole said...

Hello here a lot of clouds and wet...very lovely your socks...and cross stitch work bring a lot of spring in the air!!have good week end